Many summer courses offered by International Connections Academy (iNaCA) are pre-approved for gaining eligibility through the NCAA Eligibility Center. There are some specific constraints on these courses:
- NCAA Courses are the standard version of iNaCA’s regular school year courses. Teachers and students must abide by the same policies as if the student was taking the course during the school year.
- Students must have synchronous contact by phone or Live Lesson with teachers at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% completion in the course.
- The NCAA requires that students work 72 hours minimum over the course of a half credit class.
- Students are expected to complete the course as prescribed over a minimum of four weeks enrollment in each half credit course.
- Students must take both parts (A&B) of the course when applicable to receive credit.
- Because of the time required, courses that are include a part A & B are only available during our first two start dates: June 6th or June 13th.
- Students may only take up to two full credit NCAA eligible original credit courses during the summer session.
- In order to complete all of the material in the two sessions, students will have to dedicate approximately 4–5 hours per day, per course.
- Credit Recovery courses are NOT approved for NCAA eligibility.
The following courses are approved for NCAA eligibility during summer 2017:
Algebra I A&B
Algebra II A&B
American Government A&B
English 9 A&B
English 10 A&B
English 11 A&B
English 12 A&B
Environmental Science A&B
French I A&B
French II A&B
Geography and Society
Physical Science A&B
Spanish I A&B
Spanish II A&B
Spanish III A&B
Speech and Debate
U.S. History A&B
World History A&B