A 21st Century K–12 Online College Preparatory Curriculum Designed For Success
International Connections Academy’s (iNaCA) online curriculum is a highly effective alternative to a traditional private or international homeschooling programs. It's designed to help students gain the knowledge and thinking skills they'll need for life, work, and higher education. At each grade level, structured lessons are blended with self-paced learning to help each student succeed. These courses also help to develop the important "four Cs" of 21st century learning:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Creativity and innovation
Online Curriculum Development Experts
With classroom teaching experience, subject matter expertise, and advanced degrees in instructional design, curriculum development, and technology education, the curriculum team is dedicated to developing a high-quality online curriculum that delivers real results and prepares students for college.
They identify the skills and objectives students need to learn, and then create lessons and assessments to help students practice and develop those skills. That way, International Connections Academy students don't just learn a subject like in traditional home school programs online—they master it.
Bringing Lessons to Life
Our curriculum development team works with our talented in-house videographers, graphic designers, and computer programmers to bring the curriculum to life in a multidimensional way. They also review and select the best texts and instructional materials from leading publishers to weave into units, lessons, and activities. For example, Teachlet® tutorials and learning games combine graphics, video, and audio to bring ideas and concepts to life.
The resulting curriculum engages students in individual study as well as collaboration with their classmates, different from international homeschooling. As a result, students learn to think independently and work together.
Exciting Courses and Electives
Aside from core courses in math, science, language arts/English, and social studies for every grade, we also offer gifted and talented, honors, and Advanced Placement®* courses.
Electives are offered at every grade level as well, allowing students to broaden their skills and explore new interests. Our electives cover a wide range of subjects such as world languages, music, game design, digital arts, sign language, and more.
Over the past fourteen years, we have developed, tested, and refined the Connections Education curriculum to ensure that it meets national and state standards, as well as those set by leading educational organizations.
But the work doesn't stop there. We're committed to continuous improvement, reviewing and revising our curriculum regularly. As part of this ongoing review, we ask students and parents in the Connections Education community to rate each lesson on a five-star scale.
View Parent Satisfaction Results
Learn More About Our Accreditations
Choose the Online School Option to Fit Your Student’s Needs
Unlike traditional homeschool programs online, iNaCA has a teacher-led, student-focused, and flexible learning program to fit your student’s needs or interests:
- Full-time K–12 programs provide a comprehensive private school experience—including clubs and activities, academic/career counseling, a wide range of electives, and more.
- Individual course solutions help students get ahead, catch up, or explore new subjects through hundreds of online K–12 courses.
- Summer school options empower K–8 students to explore their interests, and enable high school students to recover credits for graduation or accelerate their studies with original credit courses.
- College acceleration programs allow motivated students to get a head start on college by earning college credits towards a bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree while still in high school.
* AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.