Online Private High School Curriculum
Online education is a natural fit for today’s teens. High school students have grown up with the Internet, and they use technology to connect with each other and their interests every day. Who better to take advantage of the benefits and possibilities of an online high school program?
International Connections Academy (iNaCA)’s 9–12 education features a college preparatory private school curriculum that is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While math, science, English, and social studies form the core of the high school curriculum, iNaCA also offers a wide variety of online courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Online High School Courses
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core high school courses covers subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®) Courses: Our honors/AP courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Through our College Acceleration programs, students have the opportunity to take college courses while still in high school, earning a dual degree (associate’s degree and high school diploma) or dual credits toward a bachelor’s degree and their high school diploma.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many of our core high school courses are approved for use towards gaining initial eligibility by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
Support and Guidance
iNaCA virtual high school students work collaboratively with their counselors and Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and postsecondary planning. Every core subject is taught by highly qualified and certified teachers with expertise in their relevant content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To make sure that the graduating class of seniors is well prepared for the transition out of virtual high school, iNaCA provides the following in addition to a college preparatory high school curriculum:
- College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to full-time, certified school counselors
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Additional clubs and activities as well as extracurricular groups such as National Honor Society, Student Council, and National English Honor Society
We offer in-depth support to ensure that students understand the iNaCA graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
View the Graduation Requirements
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Student interaction is a critical part of the overall educational process for international online high schools. While most of the instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through LiveLesson® technology. This is also the technology students use to turn in homework assignments and securely track their own progress.*
Learn More About the Technology